Once upon a time in Indonesia (and maybe some other countries) , there exists the most useless job ever : "The House Maid"
I am not even sure whether it is a legal job or not : I have met some under aged housemaid and they seemed fine.
For you outsiders, let me give a brief intro :
In Indonesia, a house-maid does your household chores : iron clothes, clean windows, feed cats, cook dinner. It is a "cleaning service plus plus". And the most peculiar thing is : they stay in your house overnight. For free. And still get decent wages.
In Indonesia, a house-maid does your household chores : iron clothes, clean windows, feed cats, cook dinner. It is a "cleaning service plus plus". And the most peculiar thing is : they stay in your house overnight. For free. And still get decent wages.
Here comes my defense :
- Indonesia is a poor developing country. We need to strengthen our industry, or foreign people won't stop harnessing our natural resources. I think it will be better if those housemaids gets a job that at least contributes directly to our industry (like a factory worker).
- The housemaid wage is too damn high. They live without paying rent, they are given free food from leftovers, and some good families also give allowances in special events such as lebaran.
That's why most women without enough money to pursue education prefer to be a housemaid. - Most children in Indonesia will be lack of skills in handling household chores. I don't think I need to explain for this.
No comments:
Post a Comment