Saturday, June 22, 2013

Cooking Words

As a not so proud Indonesian, when faced with an essay task, whether it was in my university days back in ITB or when I was taking my first IELTS, or even right now, I always want to thanks my Senior High School of not educating its students to write essay. When the principal said that our school's English top-notch on English Subject -- yes, he actually said that-- my bullshit sense tingled ; his exaggeration was obvious.

Unlike other Asian countries such as India, one may argue that Indonesia doesn't take English language education seriously. It could be shown from the absence of academic writing in both primary and high school national examination. As a result, most of us are coerced* to spend extra time (and money) on illogically expensive English preparation course when a serious English examination comes, e.g IELTS, TOEFL, SAT. Self study is obviously out of question since it is silly to grade your essays yourself.

So for readers who is in a struggle of enhancing writing skill, here I present you an useful link to pay back your precious time taken to read my pointless jeer on my imbecilic education system.

Things to mind in writing any essay, very useful


* I just can't find a more suitable word. We know that no one likes his precious gaming time wasted on taking English course.

No comments:

Post a Comment